Information Data in respect of DISTRICT INFORMATION OFFICE(DIO), Tamenglong.
1. The District Information Office, Tamenglong was first opened as Information Unit attached to DC’s Office in 1976 with one Reporter and a Grade-IV. Later, this office was up-graded to the status of District Information Office, Tamenglong with one District Information Officer, Tamenglong and 4 (four) Staff members in 1979.
2. The District Information Office, Tamenglong plays the important role of via-media in between the public and the government highlighting the public aware of the Government Programmes and achievements till date as a mouth piece of the government.
3. At present this office is manned by 5 (five) member skeleton staff with one APO(Admn) taking the charge of DIO, Tamenglong who is stationed at the Directorate of Information and Public Relations Imphal.
4. The Plot of land of District Information Office, Tamenglong is located at the heart of Tamenglong Town near Bazar Shed measuring 140”ft North to South and 90”ft east to west vide allotment Order No. DC(TML)/5/1/89(Vol.II) dated 29th March, 1995. This plot of land was allotted along with a wooden building of PWD(NEC) Tamenglong by the then DC, Tamenglong Shri. Shambhu Singh.
Schedule of Plot of Land
1. North : Electricity Complaint Room (an approach road to residence of Pr. Job etc)
2. South : Transformer Post and approach road and plot of Ramlenang and Denny Kamei beyond the road.
3. West : Ramdikam road (main road from bazaar to Police Station).
4. East : Approach road to residence of M. Tundou.
The Plot of land of District Information Office is being encroached upon by one Shri. K. Damchuilung, F.A Vetry. Office, Tamenglong S/o K. Magu of Tamenglong W/No-V (originally from Saramba village) by constructing an temporary roofing house in the office compound on which a case is now pending under the judicial Misc. Case No. 106 of 2011 Original Suit No. 23 of 2011 in the court of the Civil Judge SR Division, Manipur West at Lamphel, Imphal.
Office Building : A wooden floor office building (4 rooms) of DIO/Tamenglong allotted along with the plot of land which was formerly owned by PWD (NEC) Tamenglong was set on fire and completely burn down into ashes by the suspected unknown miscreants in the wake of Economic Blockade and Non-Coporation Movement launched by ANSAM on 9th July, 2005. But a new 2 (two) room building constructed by that time meant for installation of computer was saved with the help of Fire Brigade, Tamenglong. Now, the District Information Office is manning in the said building by renovation and extension at present.
5. The District Information Office, Tamenglong is publishing District News Bulletin on every important National function/occasion such as Republic Day and Independence Day highlighting the achievement and progress of various departmental works in the district of the Government Development Programmes including Health Sector.
6. The District Information Office Tamenglong is also performing full coverage of state and national level functions every year including elections by providing P.A. System.
7. Information Campaign on government plans and achievements pertaining to flagship programme of the government sponsored Schemes have also been organized and conducted in the District Hq. Tamenglong as and when required by the government.
8. Public reading facility was also given to the public previously. But it was stopped due to paucity of fund.