District e-Governance Society (DeGS)
Tamenglong district has its District e-Governance Society (DeGS) for undertaking all e-Governance initiatives or plan. As per the Memorandum of Association, its area of operation shall be the whole of Tamenglong district.
Objectives of the Society:
- To provide close tie-ups with Manipur State Information Technology Society (MSITS) and all the stakeholders in implementing the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of India for Common Service Centre (CSC), State Wide Area Network (SWAN), State Data Centre (SDC), State Services Delivery Gate (SSDG) and any other National e-Governance programs in the District.
- To build capacity of the staff and executive resources of the district administration. DeGS and MSITS would also work closely with the technical solution provider for developing and customizing the software, implement the technical solution.
- To support the Common Services Centres (CSCs), throughout the District for providing G2C services.
- To provide the G2C services to the citizen by sucessfully implementing the State Wide Area Network (SWAN), State Data Centre (SDC), Common Services Center (CSC) and State Portal/State Services Delivery Gateway (SP/SSDG) under National e-Governance Plan.
- To manage, supervise and implement backend computerization of Government Departments with long term vision of Government. Co-ordinate, manage & monitor the receipt & utilization of financial support received from the State Government/Government of India.
- To take all publicity measures and campaigning through media like TV, radio, news-paper, conferences, seminars, public meetings, banners and posters etc for creating awareness about transformation through e-Governance for the benefit of the rural masses.
The names of the first members of the governing body of the society as required under section 5(d) of the Manipur Societies Registration Act 1989(Manipur Act No.1 of 1990) are as follows:
|Sl. No.||List of Members||Position|
|3.||Zonal Education Officer||Member|
|4.||Chief Medical Officer(CMO)||Member|
|5.||District Supply Officer/Asstt. Director( CAF& PD)||Member|
|9.||SDE, BSNL Tamenglong||Member|
|10.||Superintendent. of Police||Member|
|11.||CEO, District Council||Member|
|12.||District Information Oficcer||Member|